My favorite way of ‘decking the hall’: filling up our console table with Christmas ornaments.
I chose to “grow” my Christmas ornaments collection by adding new pieces each year, instead of buying everything new to match a chosen theme or color palette. Red, green and gold have always been our Christmas colors. A bit traditional, yes, but nothing look so festive than these colors put together!
On the top layer of our console table are the following:
- IKEA Red Rotera Lantern for Tea Light
- Mantle glass jar from Ms. Ellen and recycled glass container for pasta noodles (that I turned into a tall ‘vase’), both filled up with Christmas balls in red, gold and green
- Ceramic Christmas tree-shaped decor in glossy gold finish. I got this from Uniwide for only P299.00.
- Ceramic Christmas choo-choo train decor from S&R
- Starbucks Cup Ornament Holiday Decor (I got this as gift last year)
- My ‘Heart Manila Philippines’ from 43 Lucy Designs
- Candle holders (the white one is from Creative Definitions, bought online via Taste Central)
At the bottom layer is my ‘growing’ collection of Christmas stuff toys – bought from S&R, Uniwide and True Value. I hope next year manganak pa sila, hehe!
Our Union Jack Storage Chest was also decorated for the holidays.
- Snowman stuff toy (from Uniwide)
- Santa Claus Cookie Jar (I got this as gift last year also)
- Ceramic decor (of Santa Claus playing the violin) from S&R
- Christmas-themed tin can (bought at the Landmark for less than P100.00)
- Christmas books (from Booksale)
To save on space, I placed our Christmas gifts inside this hand-woven basket that my mom gave me.
The other gifts (mostly books) were arranged neatly on this Christmas-themed food tray that I got from my Ninang Caro.
I really enjoy looking at our decors, eventhough they’re the same each year hehe! Each piece is beautiful and special, and brings good cheer!
Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. ~Norman Vincent Peale
How neat and organised! Galing 🙂
I love how you decorated your home for Christmas! Nice pieces, especially the mantle glass jar and the choo choo train decor. 🙂