10 things you don’t know about me:
- I have a serious day job working as a technical assistant for a senior executive in one of the country’s top-earning GFI. My work is mainly about research, performance monitoring and policy formulation, but I also dip my hands into the day-to-day operations of our branch offices. The perks of my job? I get to travel around the Philippines!
- I thought I’m going to be an architect because I love to draw and Geometry is my favorite subject in high school.
- But I ended up taking courses related to Banking and Finance, and tortured myself with a course in Economics for my graduate school degree.
- I studied French because I want to read the “The Adventures of Asterix” in French. It remains to be my favorite comic series to this day.
- I grew up listening to the Beatles, The Doors, Pink Floyd, The Stone Roses, Blur, Oasis, Franz Ferdinand and even Deep Purple. Yes, I was a hippie in my past life haha!
- I am a big fan of Paolo Coelho (and almost cried when humors of his death spread around in the internet).
- I used to be very, very fat 10 years ago with a 32-inch waistline. To lose all those flab, I stopped eating red meat and dinner after 6. It worked! But this “no red meat policy” was scrapped for good when I met and married AJ, who eats with gusto!
- I almost got a C- in conduct during my senior year in high school because the nuns caught me playing pusoy dos with my classmates.
- I do not wear skirts, except for work.
- I am known as Leah, Lei or Lai at work, Penpen at home and Ninang to Liam, my adorable nephew.
The Bright Spot is my creative outlet. This is where I channel my ‘tamed’ passions after marriage: food, travel, home and DIY projects and smart (as opposed to impulsive) shopping! I keep my stories light and full of happy pictures.
I hope you all enjoy them!
x x x,