You will love the sweet and slightly spicy flavors of this barbeque dish that we baked using the Saladmaster Electric Skillet. To lock in the flavors of the marinade, it’s best to have it marinated overnight.For the marinade sauce, you will need:
- 1 one-inch piece fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 1 bulb garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons of chili garlic paste (you can add more, according to your preferred taste)
- 1.5 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2-3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar ((you can add more, according to your preferred taste)
- 3 tablespoons honey (we think this is optional, you can more brown sugar instead)
- 16 pieces chicken wings
Here’s how our marinated chicken looked like after a night’s stay at our fridge:
Let’s now cook the chicken wings!
Step 1. Transfer marinated chicken wings to the electric skillet (if using an oven, use a foil-lined baking pan or tray).
Step 2. Brush marinade over the chicken pieces, then bake. If using the Saladmaster Electric Skillet, set temperature to 120C and bake each side at 15 minutes each, after which you can turn them over a few minutes to cook all wings evenly. If using a regular oven, preheat it first to 400F then bake for 30-40 minutes.
Step 3. Serve hot!
If you want crispier wings, you can deep fry them instead. Boil the marinade in a saucepan until thickened, and toss in the fried chicken wings before serving!
(This recipe is from Yummy Books: Asian at Home – a compilation of recipes from around the Asian Region. It’s available at all National Bookstore outlets for only P125.00)