Cath Kidston (finally) opens in Manila!

I may not be present at the opening of the first Cath Kidston store in Manila yesterday (k’se hindi naman ako invited, hehe!), but I made sure to check it out first thing today when it opens to the public.  I’m glad that AJ and I were there early; I was able to roam freely around the store and get a closer look at the merchandise (and take pictures too).

Here’s my #ootd earlier (and basically my outfit when I’m not in my office uniform): Lacoste shirt, Columbia cargo pants, Fitflop sandals and of course, my Cath Kidston bag.  It’s an open carry-all bag in Cowboy print, which I bought on sale from its official online shop early this year.

P1280063_b

No need for visual merchandising techniques in this store at all! Each Cath Kidston product is sure to catch the customer’s attention, and because they’re so darn pretty, it’s impossible to leave the store empty handed.

I was welcomed by the sight of these pretty bags on display.  A lot of shoppers are trying on the bags, so don’t be surprised if you find most bags on display in disarrayed state.

P1280128_b

P1280099_b

P1280095_b

P1280080_b

The bag selection for kids is just as desirable as the adult’s.

P1280075_b

P1280091_b

My two (2) most coveted prints right now:  the London Buses and the Guards.

P1280066_b

I was supposed to buy this travel wallet / passport holder during the last online sale but I hesitated.  Now that it’s regularly priced (at P3,000++), I can’t afford it na waah!

P1280088_b

Wallets, passport holders, ticket holders and other travel accessories.  Perfect as gifts this Christmas!

P1280064_b

Travel pouches.  Also perfect as gifts this Christmas!

P1280073_b

Cath Kidston Manila has a very good selection of home and kitchen items.  I think I lingered here longer than in the other sections of the store.

P1280067_b

P1280068_b

P1280081_b

P1280089_b

Stanley the dog is so cute in this pie funnel, which is is placed in the middle of a pie when baking to allow the steam (from the filling) to escape from the inside of the pie.

P1280082_b

P1280083_b

Jpeg

A wonderwall of mugs!

P1280071_b

So hard to pick only one design here.  I personally like the London Buses, the Garden Birds (they remind me of PiP Studio too!) and the Mushroom Stanley mugs.

P1280090_b

I should have gotten this tin can of sewing pins (even though I don’t know how to sew). Not only is it pretty, it can also be used to store the daily meds that I take while at work.

P1280104_b

Office and stationery supplies galore! AJ was watching me like a hawk while I was browsing through the items here.  He knows I have a weakness for paper and office products hehe!

P1280070_b

P1280097_b

P1280093_b

Pencil erasers.  Cuteness overload!

P1280103_b

The store has fashion items available, too.

P1280078_b

P1280074_b

P1280076_b

Of course, I have to have my picture taken in this Cath Kidston-inspired London cab standee.

P1280112_b

My haul:

P1280117_b

I got two (2) book bags (in ‘Townhouses’ and the ‘London Buses’ prints), 2 travel pouches (with the ‘Guards’ print in one of them) and a foldaway bag.  I wanted to buy more pero awat na raw, sabi ni AJ hehe!  And because I was such a good girl, he gifted me with one of the bags I picked.  Yey!

I was also able to avail of the 20% discount being given for purchases worth Php 5,000 or more!

P1280130_b

More freebies from the store:  Cath Kidston eco-bag and cupcake from Vanilla Cupcake Bakery!  Thank you!

P1280133_b

To celebrate the opening of its first store in Manila, Cath Kidston is offering 20% off on all items when you spend Php 5,000.00 or more.  This offer is good today until tomorrow (December 7) only.

Cath Kidston Manila  |  Active Fun Building (beside Mothercare, and very near Krispy Kreme), Bonifacio High Street, Bonifacio Global City.

Comments

1. says

This blog post is truly feast for the eyes. I especially loved the kitchen stuff area and kids’ bags. 🙂 wala na talaga silang toiletries ano? Dito ang weird kasi may mga groceries na may shower gels and lotions pero sa mismong Cath Kidston store, walang tinda.

At syempre nagpuyat ako para hintayin tong post na to. Hehe! Patingin ng foldaway bag! Hehehe

Hi Annie! Yea, no toiletries at all. I think iba ang distributor nun….I saw those at Rustan’s though.

Naku, di ko pwede i-feature yung foldaway bag kse pang-regalo sya haha! It’s actually a foldaway shopping bag, so it’s not like yours yung foldaway overnight bag. Gusto ko nga talaga buy nun (yung kagaya sayo pero London buses ang design) but hindi available =(

2. says

Hi Leah! Yey! I found your blog. 🙂 I actually meant to take pictures as well when I was at the store but then I got so preoccupied scouring all over the place for the items that I meant to buy. Haha! So now, I am reliving my visit through the pictures you captured. Thank you for sharing!

3. says

such a very nice post- especially to fellow cath k lovers… i wonder if u have seen prices of the rolling pin, spatula and tier plates? do u have their contact number too? sorry for asking, am from dumaguete 😉

The spatula is priced at P700+ (if I remember right). The rolling pin doesn’t have a price tag eh (and I didn’t ask how much anymore hehe). I wasn’t able to check on the tiered / cake plates =) I’ll ask for their phone number when I go back there this weekend (addict lang, hihi!)

4. says

weee!! i have those london buses design of bag and card purse in my recent London trip.. and the good thing was it’s a gift..had it for free!!! hooray for Cath Kidston in the Philippines.. for sure wasak ang wallet ko if I happen to visit Manila

5. Ann says

HI, I wonder if you remember the price of the wallets, the cops and thief, or the London bus. Is it more expensive if you but it at their store in BGC or online?

Sorry I did not look it up. Do visit the store, iba rin yung feeling pag nakikita yung items and then inspecting them yourself =) Plus, the store is so pretty! =)

6. Donna P. says

Hi! May I ask for the phone number of the store? I’ll be inquiring about their store hours for tomorrow, January 2, 2015. Thanks!!

7. Bella Croessen says

Love your post and the tons of pics you took. I was so excited to visit the store in BGC while in Manila. Cath Kidston is only available online in the US. So cute! But, if my conversion computations are correct, the prices of Cath Kidston goods in BGC are mostly php1000-3000 more expensive than the UK and US online websites. Some that are currently on sale in the US and UK are not on sale in this Manila store. It also has a very limited section. They didn’t have the messenger bag line for example. I still bought 2 shoulder bags and a backpack just because they are so cute and I’ve been needing to get my old beat-up bags replaced. It’s also nice to see and hold the bag before purchasing it. You can’t do this with online shopping. Is it normal to be followed by the store staff the whole time one is browsing and shopping in the Philippines? I didn’t ask the person to let me browse alone because he is very nice and helpful. I felt rushed though. I just hope that he could have asked me in the beginning if I needed help.