The foodie in me strikes again! Here’s another round-up of good food I’ve discovered (and re-discovered) the past months:
- Veal Cheeks Ravioli at Va Bene Pasta Deli. A ravioli dish like no other. Portobello mushroom sauce, veal juice and parmesan cheese makes up this ordinary looking but divine pasta dish.
- Dynamite Roll at Jipan. Since I discovered this Western-style sushi it has become our signature order at Jipan. Generously filled with big-cut ebi tempura, kani, tamago, cucumber, crunchy tempura bits and Kewpie.
- Cheeseburger with Fries at The Beef, Hole in the Wall. No fancy burger flavors on this one, just pure beef goodness that’s grilled and seasoned as you order! Oh, the fries on the side (with pickle slices) is worth ordering too.
- Salidou at La Creperie. I prefer my dessert simple but with impact. This one definitely meets my standard. Salidou is a house favorite at La Creperie’s and I perfectly understand why. Unlike the more expensive crepes in their menu, this one is devoid of any fruit or chocolate filling. But the homemade salted butter caramel sauce, generously spread inside and over the crepe, is total perfection. Do try this.
- Scones, clotted cream and preserves at Manila Peninsula’s Lobby. Indulging in afternoon tea sessions at Manila Peninsula is something I’d reward myself with now and then (read related post here), but it has become so expensive I decided to make it a “yearly” indulgence na lang. The last time I was there (with the hubby as my afternoon tea date), I made sure to enjoy their very popular buttermilk scones, which I generously filled with clotted cream and strawberry preserves. Don’t be surprised if I tell you that I finished all 4 pieces you see in the picture, hehe!
That’s all, folks. I hope you found something here that’s worth trying out this weekend!