Berdori Jewelry at Greenhills

We were at Greenhills Shopping Center last week to buy pearl necklaces as gifts.   You all know that Greenhills is the ultimate mecca here in Manila for quality freshwater and south sea pearls and in there you will find rows and rows of stalls selling pearl strands and pearl/diamond jewelry.

But there was one store that stood out because it has a “brand name”:

Berdori Jewelry is owned by Grace Bernstein who started her pearl jewelry business by selling fine jewelry and south sea pearls in the US.  She decided to get a place here in Greenhills when her mom was offered a spot there.

I thought that because hers is a “branded” jewelry, her price will be much, much higher than those of her competitors (and there are almost a hundred of them there) but I was happily surprised to find that her prices are almost the same as the others, with almost little premium at all.

I was able to buy 2 pearl necklaces as planned and I decided to have it custom-made instead of picking from the ready-to-wear pieces.  I had so much fun picking from among the many strands of pearls of different colors and sizes which to transform into pearl necklaces.

I bought a 2-strand necklace of quality pearls in alternating shades of champagne, pink and lilac, and a 1-strand necklace of quality white pearls.   Both costs me only P3,600!   So cheap!

Berdori Jewelry also sells fine jewelry set in diamonds, south sea pearls and colored precious stones.   The have a lay-away plan for these big ticket items.

I was totally loving the chunky bracelets adorned with south sea pearls.  And those earrings in colored stones are totally in right now!

The best part about buying from Berdori Jewelry is that your purchase comes with a velvet black pouch (totally luxurious-looking!) and then placed in an elegant black gift bag.   (Picture is from their official Facebook page).

Here’s how ours actually looked like (not yet ribboned up):

Berdori Jewelry is located at the Ground Floor, Greenhills Shopping Center, San Juan, Metro Manila.     Like their Facebook page too to see more of their gorgeous south sea pearl jewelry pieces.

Comments

1. Sam says

Would you know how much they sell loose 10- to 12-mm spherical pearls as well as champagne teardrop pearl?

2. Marie says

Hi leah, you’re blog is super helpful for a pearl newbie like me. I’ll be definitely going to Berdori soon! thanks 🙂

3. Claudia says

Hi There, just a question on bargaining, is there scope to do that at Bedori, and how much would be acceptable to bargain down from the quotes price? Thanks

Yes! Making tawad is acceptable, especially because this is Greenhills. I always make tawad 20% off the price hehe! Of course I don’t always get that but 10% is already good, especially for jewelries. It will also help if you buy more than 1 piece of pearl jewelry at the shop so that bargaining is easier.

4. Alice says

Hi Leah, are prices of gold south sea pearls cheaper in berdori compared to others in greenhills? Ur blog is helpful esp I’m ryt now canvassing for quality but inexpensive ssp within metro Manila. Tnx 

Hi Alice! Welcome to The Bright Spot!

Berdori’s prices are slightly higher than those of the other shops at Greenhills but for that slightly higher price you get better quality SSPs =)

5. says

Hi! I paid a visit to Berdori after reading about them on tour blog. I was supposed to just look but I ended up buying a pair of creamy white SSPs set in white gold with diamonds. So lovely! I also got a pearl necklace pero freshwater lang (baka atakihin na wallet ko kung SSP din un necklace). Have you bought any Akoya pearls?

6. says

hi leah just to know which is better to buy a ssp in Palawan or in berdori Cz I’m planning to go to Palawan just to buy ssp since it cost also for the round trip air ticket what do you think it’s same na makakamura din ako Kung Sa berdori Cz for example 10taw for my expenses for round trip ticket only not included the food allowance

Buy at Berdori na lang sis, especially if you are buying pearls for yourself lang. But if you want to buy directly from the harvesters (for business), then Palawan is the place to go.