Roasted Chicken Stuffed with Cream of Mushroom

Here’s a very easy recipe for roasted chicken that you can try for your Media Noche tomorrow.  It is adopted from the recipe of the same title that I found while browsing through the Assumption Cookbook (Pearl Edition), prepared by the High School Class of ’79.

Two (2) things love about this roasted chicken recipe:  (1) you need only 4 ingredients to prepare it, and (2) no overnight marinating!

We used Bounty Fresh young chicken for this, and to prepare it for roasting, we seasoned it with:

• 2 teaspoons rock salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground pepper
  • Olive oil mixed with McCormick dried rosemary leaves and dried thyme leaves  (prepare just enough to cover the whole chicken) – this is our own addition; the recipe called for only salt and pepper

Place chicken in a baking dish and tie the legs together.  Stuff the cream of mushroom (we used the Campbell brand) inside the chicken cavity.  Bake in preheated oven at 350-degrees Fahrenheit for about an 45 minutes or until chicken tender and brown.   If you are using a convection oven (like us), baking time will stretch to another 30 minutes, making it a total of 1 hour and 15 minutes.

One modification we made in this recipe is the use of Campbell Cream of Mushroom, instead of the Cream of Mushroom Soup.  Because it’s cream-based, we found it easier to stuff inside the chicken.  Make sure to leave some of this for the gravy that you will make later.

Here’s our chicken after 45 minutes of baking.  It smelled really great because of the rosemary and thyme.

P1160512b

Make sure to turn the chicken once in a while for all sides to roast evenly.

Grabe, sulit na sulit talaga itong Asahi convection oven namin!  We have already baked cookies, cakes, brownies, fish and chicken here.

P1160517b

The finished product:

P1160520b

If you want more creamy mushroom flavor for your chicken meat, you can try this trick that we did: open-cut the cooked chicken (breast portion) and pour some of the sauce inside.  Bring it back to the oven and roast for another 5 minutes.

Serve immediately!  After all, nakakatakam talaga sya hehe!

P1160524b

For an instant gravy sauce, whisk together the drippings of the roasted chicken (minus the oil)  and the remaining cream of mushroom.

You can pour the sauce over the chicken pieces or serve it on the side.

P1160532b

I guarantee you, this chicken recipe is for keeps!

Comments

1. says

Anything with chicken or mushroom soup is a sure hit for me 🙂 Wishing you all the best in 2014 Leah!

PS Btw, I tried Yakitorione already… no regrets!

2. says

This is awesome! The fact that the recipe is less complicated makes me want to try it all the more. Will do this over the weekend and hopefully it’ll be a success.\

Oh btw, been a long-time lurker of your blog. I love your entries! Nakaka-inspire.

3. bette says

this looks yummy! would really
    love to try it. question lang about the convection oven, hindi ba siya malakas sa kuryente? thanks.

4. Aileen says

hi there! would love to try this over the weekend 🙂 by the way, I was really inspired with your blog so I decided to buy the same oven. I’ve tried broiling chicken yesterday and the result is great! my family loves it so much. The thing is, I want to ask if you followed the instruction in the manual? did u left the oven door partly opened? do I really have to do that? kasi my husband says parang ang malakas daw sa kuryente. Just want to know if it’s ok to broil or roast it even if the oven door is closed..just a thought..para tipid din next time I cook your chicken recipe. Thanks in advance!

5. Salve says

Hi, we had the same brand of Asahi marami na rin ako nabake pero palaging may konting sunog? Di ko lam use nung selector after the thermostat? Ung parang may fan? Need ba un adjust kapag may bake ka? Also with this chicken recipe that you posted since convection oven ilan degree sa Celcius?

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Hi Salve, you should use the bottom selector for baking – the one with the fan. When tryi this recipe, turn your temperature to around 180 celsius

6. Cyh says

Hi Ms Leah,

Yung upper dial po ng Asahi oven, for temperature. Tapos yung sa middle, kung pipili ka kung upper part lang ng ilaw yung gagana or yung lower na light bulbs or both po, tama ba? Tapos sa pinaka ilalim yung timer? Please let me know po, never pa po kasi ako nakagamit ng oven na convection cooker. Thanks a lot.

7. Patricia says

Hi,

I was inspired to how your Asahi can bake and cook so many food, but upon checking po, the oven’s highest temp is only 250C, and some of your recipe po is at 350.

Note that I haven’t tried baking pa po, please enlighten me.

Thank u.

8. Rissa Noma says

Hi! How do you pre heat an oven po? Pareho po tayo ng oven and matagal ko na gusto matry itong chicken kaso natatakot ako baka mahilaw yung chicken tapos sunog yung labas hihi. Thanks a lot!