Moissanite Rings

I clearly remember the day I made my first jewelry purchase.   It was a half-eternity ring from the Moissanite shop at Glorietta that caught my attention.  It took some 3 more trips to the store before I decided to buy it.

Here is my first ever jewelry investment –  5 certified Charles and Colvard created Moissanite stones set in 18k white gold:

You must be wondering why I chose Moissanite over diamonds.

Moissanite is not a synthetic diamond, it is a rare gem in itself.  It looks like a diamond and an untrained eye won’t notice the difference.   Moissanite also has higher brilliance and durability than a diamond.   And the best thing is, it costs way, way cheaper than a diamond!

I was so happy with my first purchase that I planned on buying one again, but this time I want it in a ring that I will design.   I really love its fire and brilliance so obviously my ring has to have the sun in it.  Nothing could be more brilliant and have more fire than the sun, right?

It took me a while to have this ring made because I bought the loose Moissanite stones (also at the same shop in Glorietta) at intervals.

Here’s my custom-made Moissanite ring, which I designed myself.    It’s also set in 18k white gold:

My third and last Moissanite ring (last na k’se 3 rings of the same gemstone are too much already hehe!) was an engagement-type ring that was also custom-made and which I used as my middle finger ring hehe!

You could say that I fell hard in love with Moissanites.   And who wouldn’t?   With a brilliance that is natural and outstanding, they make me feel extremely elegant and Donya, without burning a big hole in my pocket.

Discover more about this jewel that has more brilliance than any other here.

Comments

1. Kc says

Hi would u know if the moissanite store in glorietta is still open? Im having a hard time searching online for their store eh. Thanks!!

2. Ana says

Hi Ms Leah!

Would you know where else I can get Moissanite rings here in the PH? I’d really appreciate the help 🙂

Many thanks 🙂

Hi Ana! Unfortunately parang wala na talaga yung Moissanite shop dito sa Manila =( Will email you about the rings =) I’ll just update my catalog =) Thanks for visiting my blog!

• Kloyd says

Hi Ms Leah! Do you have an update where I can buy a Moissanite engagement ring here in the Philippines? I would like to buy one soon. Unfortunately, based on my internet search I think every store has closed already & I cannot afford a diamond. Would highly appreciate any help from you. Thanks.

3. Vanessa Toledo says

Very enjoyable blog you have Leah! I too purchased a moissanite ring at their branch at SM North years ago. It came with a certificate of authenticity by Charles & Covard. Today, to my despair, I noticed many scratches on the table of my .75ct moissy! I wear it everyday but never hit it anywhere. How’s yours doing? I never heard of a moissanite getting scratched so I like to know your experience.

Vanessa

Hi Vanessa! I just checked my rings and there aren’t scratches on the moissanite stones themselves. I wonder what could have happened to cause the scratches on yours.

I suggest taking your ring to a gemstone polisher to remove the scratches.

4. Julie ann says

Hello,, im selling my moissanite ring i bought it in dubai.. any one interested call or viber me #09294772746…. 2n1 ring ,round half enternity and engagement ring…