Loving my Longchamp Le Pliage Bag! (and how to spot a fake one)

I received the Longchamp Le Pliage bag I won at eBay the same day I got our Cath Kidston mug.   But I got busy towards the end of this week so I’m able to share my latest eBay find only now.

Here’s my Longchamp Le Pliage medium bag with short handles, in a very-pleasing-to-the-eyes color:  peacock blue.

It took me a while to buy a Longchamp bag because of the many fake versions being sold out, and especially in online shops.   I did my research, and here are some tips in which to spot a fake from an authentic Longchamp bag:

The new logo has no line between the jockey and the snap.  Note also the very good detail of the jockey on the snap.

My zipper pull is in pewter color (the color, I learned, depends on the size of the bag), and you can see that the jockey’s details are well-defined.   By the way, Longchamp uses YKK zippers.

The brand name, Longchamp, is written above the stitch at the back of the flap (not under or in between).  Underneath it are the following words:  Le Pliage Type “M” – Modele Depose.   “M” stands for “medium” because mine is a medium-sized one.   A fake one may not indicate the type of the bag at all or may indicate a wrong type.

Authentic Longchamp bags has reinforced snaps:

Note too that my bag’s lining is in white.   Pastel or light-colored bags should have white linings.   Dark-colored ones should have black or brown lining.

The backside of an authentic Longchamp bag has smooth feel when touched, unlike the rough texture of the fake ones.   Also, the backside of the snap must contain the word “ORIGINAL”.

Lastly, the fabric of a real Longchamp is not too shiny nor with too thin knit.

Ebay has a very good guide to help you distinguish between a fake and authentic Longchamp bag.  Do check it out if you are planning to buy your first Longchamp bag.

Enjoy shopping!

Comments

1. says

Love your Longchamp, such a beautiful color! I’ve been dying for one too, but it’s taking me forever to decide on size and color. How did you decide? Sigh 🙂

Hi Kat! I’ve been observing ladies carrying Longchamp bags every time we go to the mall hehe! So I know that the large-size bag is going to be too big for me. I decided on a medium-size one instead because I bring so many stuff at work everyday hehe!

About the color, honestly, I just thought the name “peacock blue” is cool! Haha.

There goes my deciding parameters. Do they make sense? Hehe!

2. Bernadette says

hi thanks for the respond..with this i can now actually distinguished the fake and the original..thanks again..=)

3. vintage says

Hi sis, I like to buy longchamp bag but quite afraid coz there are lots of counterfeit bags being sold online…pls kindly help me spot this one…is this authentic. –http://www.ebay.ph/itm/SALE-LONGCHAMP-w-Paper-Bag-Med-LH-LE-PLIAGE-Tote-PEACOCK-/130764834503?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_211&hash=item1e723106c7#ht_2009wt_1139 Thanks and God bless.

4. vintage says

Hi sis, can you just recommend me a good seller at ebay who sells authentic longchamp le pliage where you also bought your bag? I really like to have one but don’t know where to buy:( I find it hard to request for additional pix na e. I’d rather buy a le pliage bag na lang sa recommended seller mo para guaranteed authentic. Looking forward to hear from you again. Thanks and God bless.

5. diane says

Hi Lea! Thank you for this post. It was of great help since I’m buying fromr resellers too. Btw, you mentioned something that the color of the zipper pull changes with the size. Would that mean that from medium to long sizes, the zipper is usually in pewty? Thanks

6. alex says

I think that is fake, as you can see, the cut in the leather part must be triangular in shape. Also, the zipper body must have a year on it

Trackbacks