Last night, AJ and I cooked our first dinner at home. It’s the first meal we cooked together and for someone who hasn’t cooked in ages, the experience was surprisingly fun and fulfilling. I am finally turning into a domesticated goddess hehe!
We made Mccormick’s Spanish Chicken Fillet, because we saw this spices set at Rustan’s Supermarket and thought that it’s brilliant: you get pre-measured spices and a recipe card. The instructions were also fairly simple so we decided to try it out.
Each pack costs P84.50 and you can do this particular recipe with 1 1/2 lbs (about 6 slices) of boneless chicken breasts.
The spices, when mixed together, gave off a very flavorful aroma – mainly because of the dried thyme.
Here’s our finished product (sorry for the very plain presentation hehe):
We love the sauce, it’s heaven. But the chicken lacked some saltiness in it (I think we have to change our brand of iodized salt, really). Overall, it was a very delicious dish and is also good as a pasta dish! (we can make chicken parmiggiana with this one).
I want to share the recipe with you and found it at this website. I’m copying it below for you all to try also:
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (better use more than 1 tsp, I honestly think 2 tbsp is needed)
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken, boneless, skinless (cut into 6 serving size pieces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into strips (green or red)
- 1 large onion
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (we used chicken bullion for this)
Spice Mix (in case you don’t want to buy the pre-readied set):
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Enjoy the recipe!